Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Groper in the park

The other night while Kiah and I were walking the dogs in the park there was a guy walking past us. I said hi just to be friendly and as he passed he reched back and touched my butt! I couldn't believe what had happened! I was stunned for a moment with no reaction accept for to reach back and cover my rear with my hand. I don't know why I didn't instantly fly off the handle and scream at him. My sister would have laid into him and caused a huge rukus if it were her. I was just frozen. By the time I was ready to yell at him he was to far away. So we continued our walk to the corner store. Kiah had no idea what had happened. Well....... I was outside the store with the dogs while Kiah was inside picking out a treat when a guy walked up. It looked like the same guy but I wasn't sure because it had been kinda dark in the park and I didn't get a good look at him. Well when he passed me he bushed against me and bumped my shoulder. Clearly on purpose. Again I was frozen. I shot him a dirty look and he looked at me like "hey baby". I felt disgusted and violated. I kept thinking about what I wanted to say if I saw him again. A few minutes later he came walking around the building and came up and asked me if my dogs were nice. Finally I said. Get away from me! Don't Talk to Me! You were in the park weren't you. He said No. I knew it was him. I told him "You had plenty of room to walk by me you didn't need to brush against me like that!" I'm with my daughter! Don't touch me again! He started to argue but he just walked away. So Kiah came out and we continued on our walk. I was in a hurry to get home because there were guys walking around all over the place and I felt really vulnerable. Then the night got even weirder. A guy pulled up in his driveway and when he got out he said sorry because he kinda cut us off when he pulled in. I said "It's ok" and kept walking. He started asking about the dogs and I talked to him about them for a second. He seemed like a friendly guy. Nice truck, nice house, married with a kid. Seems safe right? I told him that we were new to the area and that this was our first and last walk after dark. He asked what happened and I told him. He asked where my husband was and I like an idiot said not here. Kiah piped in and said"He's in Seattle" Big mistake. He asked where we lived and I told him the street. He asked for the house number and I played dumb and said I couldn't remember. Kiah started describing the house to him. I quickly said goodbye because it was getting weird. We got home and as soon as we shut the door kiah said "Mommy that guy just drove by" What! I quickly locked the door and tried to forget about it. We checked the mouse trap and if you've read the previous post you know what happened there. Anyway I was on the phone with my mom and Bud trying to figure out what to do with the mouse and my doorbell rings. Who'se there? No answer. Whose there? again no answer. Kiah looks out the window and says "mom it's that guy" she seems to think we made a new friend. I've since set her straight on this and let her know that we told him too much information and we should never do that again. Anyway he told me that he found the guy from the park and talked to him. Okayyyy. Did you know him? "No" Then he started rambling about how his wife was jelouse that he left to deal with this asking him if he liked me and such. Weird Weird Weird! I just shut the door and locked the whole house down tight. Unbelievably it doesn't stop there. Later when we returned from setting the mouse free he was walking down the sidewalk toward our house. This time he had his 2 year old on his shoulders and was walking his dog. It was 10: 30 at night! I started to back out of my driveway to avoid him but he was right there at my window. I cracked the window and told him we were just leaving to take Zoey my moms dog home. We drove around a little and then went home and haven't seen him since. Hopefully he will stay away. I have to say this was the strangest night I've ever experienced between the mouse and the wierdo's. I'm glad it's over.

No comments: